Friday, August 17, 2018

Life Update in AZ

So, I have promised people to stay up to date with at least some social media since we just moved across the country again. I would love to be better at instagram/facebook/etc but I don't see it happening frequently. So big bursts like this are the result, but know that I love and miss all my people in the Midwest! And Idaho and Dallas and anywhere in between!

To begin, Salva and I are now in Mesa, Arizona because he just started his MBA program at ASU. We have been blessed with an incredible opportunity here and it was just too sweet to pass up. I'm so proud of Salva for all his hard work in preparing for this moment, and finding a way to always provide for our little family.

The most bittersweet part of it all is leaving behind the people of Omaha. The "family" I found there is hard to beat. I will miss you all dearly. Not to mention all the other friends, neighbors, book clubbers, YMCA die-hards, and co-workers. It is a nice feeling to know you just belong somewhere. So thank you to all the people that helped Salva, Calvin, and I find a place to call home for those 4 years.

Okay enough emotional stuff (as I wipe away a tear). Here is the new stuff. Spoken in pictures because that is easier. We traveled for several weeks and it was chaotic and wonderful at the same time.

Bear Lake with the Cami and Holli (Nicole in spirit). Such a cathartic weekend! These girls just get me in a way that I can only imagine is similar to having sisters (but maybe better since we don't fight?? I'll never know). Anyways, love these ladies forever and ever!



Next stop, Idaho for a few family reunions.  I also have a pretty great family, and I don't get to see them nearly enough. So a few weeks "home" was much needed!

Island Park family reunion:



 Calvin loves 4-wheelers! 
"Grandma's going to get you!" These cousins are so cute.
 Bear World was a huge hit! Calvin is a little daredevil. I think having all the cousins there helped him feel brave.

Sun Valley: Cole and Val treated us like royalty for our trip to Sun Valley! Gondola ride up Bald Mountain and mountain lake hike made for a beautiful day.


Paris ID campground for the big family reunion:

 I cannot get enough of these cute cousins!
 Salva saw his first moose (it is in the background!).
Polar bear club was the coldest yet as the spring is just a little walk further up. Here is dad and Salva getting ready to take the plunge.

Hawaii with my mom! For my mom's 60th birthday, she treated me to a Hawaii vacation! Salva and I went in March, and so I had a good knowledge of how to get around the island (Oahu). And we immensely enjoyed our lazy, lush week of tropical life.

 Shark's Cove for the BEST snorkeling! 
 Our trendy jackets are for the rain that was pouring down.
Laie Hawaii temple.

Dallas con la familia Romero: These in-laws of mine are gems. I always feel so spoiled when we go to Dallas and Calvin gets doted on like a king. He loves being with his weitos (abuelitos).


 Pollo Regio is kinda the best food. This place has won all our hearts. I'm hopeful to find something as good here in Mesa!
 Abuelita is so much fun!


All that in a few weeks. With just one carry-on size luggage. Pretty chaotic right? Oh, but I left out the detail that I am also pregnant! That is not a surprise to many, but I hope I get you here....I'm pregnant with twins! One boy and one girl. Yup, two babies coming in January. All that traveling while nauseous and emotional from this double pregnancy really had me going sometimes. I know people saw hangry Paige and she isn't the most pleasant person.

In reality we are now so excited! Terrified, but excited. I've had lots of moments where it has felt way too overwhelming, but now that I have them growing with me, I cannot imagine anything different. Salva is so thrilled too and is already amazingly supportive (he calms those hormones right down by reminding me everything is going to be okay). Calvin is excited too....most of the time. When we say prayers he always wants to say it and blesses the babies. If he forgets to bless the babies, he has to repeat the prayer so he can include them. He loves to give my belly kisses. Overall, I think he is starting to understand. However, sometimes he says there are "lobos" (wolves) in my belly and from him that is a big insult because lobos are his biggest fear right now.


The only bump photo I have right now (and this was at 12 weeks...sooooo much bigger now).

Now we are in Arizona. We won't be going anywhere for a  LONG time! The babies are coming, and I think we will be in survival mode for a bit. It is a good thing I like this place already. There is a lot to do all really close, and it is a lot more scenic and beautiful that I realized. Plus Salva is enjoying school a lot so that is kinda a big deal. It is definitely feeling like we made the right decision.

I'm still getting use to the bugs, but I didn't really like the bugs in Omaha either...these ones just seem a little more, um, dangerous. And cockroach-y. Yuck. I'm already getting over it, though, just knowing that winter is going to be ah-may-zing!

I haven't met a lot of people yet, but I'm sure they will come. If they don't, people please come visit! We have a room for you and lots of baby snuggles on their way!





1 comment: